-   -   Add second string of data to existing chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/221535-add-second-string-data-existing-chart.html)

Lori

Add second string of data to existing chart

Excel 2007
I have a chart with one line of data, about 7 points. The source data is in
c7:k7. I want to add a second line of data with source c8:k8. When I do, it
creates a second line as an sum total of point 1 (rows 7 and 8). I am using
chart tools, design, select data. I have used the interactive guide with no
success.

Andy Pope

Add second string of data to existing chart

Hi,

Sounds like the chart type you have is Stacked Line rather than a normal
line chart.
So you need to change the chart type. Chart Tools Design . Change Chart
Type.

Cheers
Andy

--