-   -   Overlaying Charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/220278-overlaying-charts.html)

TomCat

Overlaying Charts

Is it possible to overlay one graph on another? I have some curves on a
graph that I would like to display on another but don't want the data to show
up in the data table below the graph.

Thanks........TC

Andy Pope

Overlaying Charts

Hi,

The formatting of the data table is very limited. It will show all the
series plotted in the chart.
Simplest thing would be to use 2 chart. 1 to hold both data series for
plotting and another to hold 1 series for your data table.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"TomCat" wrote in message
Is it possible to overlay one graph on another? I have some curves on a
graph that I would like to display on another but don't want the data to
show
up in the data table below the graph.

Thanks........TC

Jon Peltier

Overlaying Charts

Data tables in charts are not flexible, either regarding their contents or
their formatting. You could create a table in the cells near the chart,
include what you want in it, and format it however you like.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"TomCat" wrote in message
Is it possible to overlay one graph on another? I have some curves on a
graph that I would like to display on another but don't want the data to
show
up in the data table below the graph.

Thanks........TC

TomCat

Overlaying Charts

Ok...that answers my question. Thanks to both y'all.........TC