-   -   how do I create a heat map? have x and y data and then a num to s. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/218395-how-do-i-create-heat-map-have-x-y-data-then-num-s.html)

heat map in excel

how do I create a heat map? have x and y data and then a num to s.

I have x and y data and for each number I then have a 3rd number. I would
like to create a chart where for each x and y, you see a colored range for
the 3rd values - like a heat map. any idea how to do this in excel?

Thx.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

how do I create a heat map? have x and y data and then a num to s.

Hi,

Try the chart type of Surface, it can be done here with some work.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"heat map in excel" wrote:

I have x and y data and for each number I then have a 3rd number. I would
like to create a chart where for each x and y, you see a colored range for
the 3rd values - like a heat map. any idea how to do this in excel?

Thx.

PBezucha

how do I create a heat map? have x and y data and then a num to s.

Try on the base of my recent reply:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...charting&fltr=
--
Petr Bezucha