Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bubble Charts

Hi,

I have been trying to display three ranges on a bubble chart - cost, benefit
and ease. Ease I have three categories, easy, av, difficult which I have
respresented by a number 1,2,3 to produce the chart.

The chart is showing the ease category a different bubble sizes but to make
it cleaer I would like it to be three different colours as well. Is this
possible?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The easiest way would be to have three series, one for each category. Set up
your data as X, Y, bubble size as before. Then add three columns, one per
category, and only fill in the bubble sizes for each specific category,
otherwise leave it blank.

Make a bubble chart with the first three columns. Right click the chart,
select Source data, click on the Series tab. Select the series, change the
bubble size to the first category's column. Add a series, use the same X and
Y but the second category for bubble sizes. Add another series, use the same
X and Y and the third category's bubble sizes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"LiAD" wrote in message

I have been trying to display three ranges on a bubble chart - cost,
benefit
and ease. Ease I have three categories, easy, av, difficult which I have
respresented by a number 1,2,3 to produce the chart.

The chart is showing the ease category a different bubble sizes but to
make
it cleaer I would like it to be three different colours as well. Is this
possible?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks,

Asimpler way of doing it than formatting ways.

Thanks again for your help (hope your computer survived this one this time!)

LD