-   -   How do I graph in polar coordinates in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/216789-how-do-i-graph-polar-coordinates-excel.html)

hansboomer

How do I graph in polar coordinates in Excel?

Will I need to buy software, or is there a way to do it with standard excel?

Jon Peltier

How do I graph in polar coordinates in Excel?

Can you write formulas?

X = R * cos(theta)
Y = R * sin(theta)

R and theta are in tow columns, X and Y are in the next two columns. Plot X
and Y.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"hansboomer" wrote in message
Will I need to buy software, or is there a way to do it with standard
excel?

Andy Pope

How do I graph in polar coordinates in Excel?

Hi,

You may find these helpful.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm
http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot2.htm