-   -   charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/216126-charts.html)

Matt

charts

i just need to make a simple chart of a x,y plot showing where the trendline
goes through the x and y axis on a certain slope. My older version of excel
did this but i can't seem to figure out how to use it on my new 2007 version.

Bernard Liengme

charts

After making the XY chart:
1) right click on a marker in the chart and select "add trendline' for the
popup menu
OR
2) click chart to give Chart Tools tab on Ribbon, open the Layout tab, look
for the Analysis group and
use the Trendline tool
best wishes
--