Old December 30th 08, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

Old December 30th 08, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

It sounds like you were in 2007? In that case create the chart in the
spreadsheet and then right-click the border of the chart and choose Move
chart. choose the New Sheet option...

Regarding the grayed out items - you are in Group mode because more than one
tab is selected. Right-click any sheet tab and choose Ungroup Sheets.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Old October 27th 16, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 3:30:27 PM UTC-5, Lily wrote:
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

I am trying to open a new excel workbook but all menu items are greyed out. What could be causing the options to be locked down?