-   -   Changing Millions to Thousands (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/212229-changing-millions-thousands.html)

Wendy

Changing Millions to Thousands

Yesterday while poking and clicking around a graph I had created, I found a
box where you could change your number from millions to thousands. Today, I
cant find it. In my Y axis's I have my number set in millions, and I want to
change those numbers to thousands. It wasnt in the "Format Axix" box either.
What and where is this box that has this feature?

ps.. I love excel... 03 is great, and 07 is even better. The more I learn,
the more I become addicted.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Changing Millions to Thousands

Hi,

Assuming you are using 2003 or earlier -
1. Double-click the Y-axis and choose the Scale tab
2. Open the Display Units drop down

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Wendy" wrote:

Yesterday while poking and clicking around a graph I had created, I found a
box where you could change your number from millions to thousands. Today, I
cant find it. In my Y axis's I have my number set in millions, and I want to
change those numbers to thousands. It wasnt in the "Format Axix" box either.
What and where is this box that has this feature?

ps.. I love excel... 03 is great, and 07 is even better. The more I learn,
the more I become addicted.

Wendy

Changing Millions to Thousands

Cool, thank you so much! Absolutely will click YES!

Cheers!

"Wendy" wrote:

Yesterday while poking and clicking around a graph I had created, I found a
box where you could change your number from millions to thousands. Today, I
cant find it. In my Y axis's I have my number set in millions, and I want to
change those numbers to thousands. It wasnt in the "Format Axix" box either.
What and where is this box that has this feature?

ps.. I love excel... 03 is great, and 07 is even better. The more I learn,
the more I become addicted.

Mike Middleton

Changing Millions to Thousands

Wendy -

In Excel 2007, select the axis and right-click, or directly right-click the
axis, from the menu choose Format Axis | Axis Options | Display units, and
select from the drop-down list.

In Excel 2003, choose Format Axis | Scale | Display units.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel