-   -   How do I save the colours that I have set for each bars? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/212047-how-do-i-save-colours-i-have-set-each-bars.html)

Dayana Rawi

How do I save the colours that I have set for each bars?

I have build a pivot chart and define each bars by colors. But each time I
select and run another page field, the colors I set before change to other
colors.

I'd save my work every each and then, but still it cannot help me.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thank You.

Jon Peltier

How do I save the colours that I have set for each bars?

This loss of custom formatting is an admitted issue in pivot charts.

You could :
(a) record and replay a macro to reformat the pivot chart as needed.
(b) define a custom chart type and reapply it when needed.
(c) make a regular chart from the pivot data, with dynamic ranges to reflect
changing series lengths.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP