-   -   Bar Widths (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/211513-bar-widths.html)

Paul Peterson - Velox Consulting, LLC

Bar Widths

I've created a stacked column chart but the columns are very thin - the chart
looks like a bunch of thin lines. Is there a way to widen the columns?

Paul Peterson

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Bar Widths

Hi,

Double-click the series (Excel 2003 or earlier) and choose the Options tab,
then reduce the Gap Width.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Paul Peterson - Velox Consulting, LLC" wrote:

I've created a stacked column chart but the columns are very thin - the chart
looks like a bunch of thin lines. Is there a way to widen the columns?

Paul Peterson

Jon Peltier

Bar Widths

Do you have weekly data plotted by date? Excel is leaving six blank slots to
go with the one filled slot. If you change the axis type from date to
category, Excel will only plot one axis slot per data point. 2003 and
earlier: Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, under Category Axis, switch
from Time Scale or Automatic to Category. 2007: Format Axis, first tab,
choose Text Axis instead of Date Axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP