-   -   Plotting blank cells that have functions in them. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/21141-plotting-blank-cells-have-functions-them.html)

Spock

Plotting blank cells that have functions in them.

How do I keep a chart from plotting blank cells that have a formula in them?
i.e. =IF(ISERROR(D2/D3),"",D2/D3)

Debra Dalgleish

Use the NA function, instead of an empty string, e.g.:

=IF(ISERROR(D2/D3),NA(),D2/D3)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jon Peltier

Spock -

What Debra left out was that NA() produces an ugly #N/A error in the
worksheet, even though it makes the chart look good. But she shows on
her website how to hide the errors with conditional formatting:

http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP