-   -   Labels in a chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/208929-labels-chart.html)

Charles Eaves

Labels in a chart

I am using Excel 2007.
I have to do a weekly chart labeled: SALES FOR WEEK #39.
Is there a way to update the chart so when I change next weeks chart, the
graph will update to : SALES FOR WEEK #40.
Right now, I have to manually go to each chart and change WEEK #39 TO WEEK
$40 and so on.
Find and replace works great where I have text but won't touch the charts.
Thanks from a newbie.

Andy Pope

Labels in a chart

Hi

You could link the chart title to a cell.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Charles Eaves" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007.
I have to do a weekly chart labeled: SALES FOR WEEK #39.
Is there a way to update the chart so when I change next weeks chart, the
graph will update to : SALES FOR WEEK #40.
Right now, I have to manually go to each chart and change WEEK #39 TO WEEK
$40 and so on.
Find and replace works great where I have text but won't touch the charts.
Thanks from a newbie.

Charles Eaves

Labels in a chart

Thanks.
I will give it a try.
Excellent site.
"Andy Pope" wrote in message
Hi

You could link the chart title to a cell.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Charles Eaves" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007.
I have to do a weekly chart labeled: SALES FOR WEEK #39.
Is there a way to update the chart so when I change next weeks chart,
the graph will update to : SALES FOR WEEK #40.
Right now, I have to manually go to each chart and change WEEK #39 TO
WEEK $40 and so on.
Find and replace works great where I have text but won't touch the
charts.
Thanks from a newbie.

Charles Eaves

Labels in a chart