-   -   Help needed with multi y-axis chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/208869-help-needed-multi-y-axis-chart.html)

Gerry

Help needed with multi y-axis chart

All,

I have created a combination chart which use bars to show company
financials and a line to show unit sales. During the early part of the
company's history, certain financial values are less than zero, thus
the minimum value for the primary y-axis scale is less than zero.

The problem is this - Excel aligns the minimum values of both y-axis
scales, thus zero units is aligned with negative dollars. This is
confusing to the viewer.

My question is this: Other than manually tweaking the scale for the
number of units sold, is there an automatic means for having zero be
aligned on both scales?

Thank you.

Jon Peltier

Help needed with multi y-axis chart

You can manually tweak it, or programmatically tweak it:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP