-   -   In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/207440-excel-chart-i-want-missing-data-ignored.html)

stephenp

In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored

I have several graphs I want to generate from a table of data. Some of the
data is missing for certain parameters. Excel will not join points that are
not part of a continuous set of data

date Na conc. Cl conc
1/3/08 13 6
1/4/08 5
1/5/08 8
1/6/08 4 3

Any ideas

Heera

In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored

Hi,

If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart
and
check,
Tools Options Chart Plot empty cells as...

If the cell actually contain conditional formula use NA() instead of
"" for
non data. This will interpolate the line but suppress the line marker.

Please check the link for more information.
http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm

Cheers
Heera