-   -   Create a solution region on a chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/207079-create-solution-region-chart.html)

WACKEY

Create a solution region on a chart

I'm creating a graph of a linear inequality. I have to plot two lines, then
show the solution region, or a shaded region between the two lines. So in
effect I need to be able to shade a portion of the chart from the Y and X
axis and the two lines that I plot. How can I shade a specific region on a
chart?

ShaneDevenshire

Create a solution region on a chart

Hi,

First try - Use a stacked line chart.

If you don't get any satisfactory answers and the above does not work send
me a sample:

I'll look at it tonight.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"WACKEY" wrote:

I'm creating a graph of a linear inequality. I have to plot two lines, then
show the solution region, or a shaded region between the two lines. So in
effect I need to be able to shade a portion of the chart from the Y and X
axis and the two lines that I plot. How can I shade a specific region on a
chart?

Mike Middleton

Create a solution region on a chart

WACKEY -

One approach is to use wide-formatted custom error bars (based on worksheet
calculations) with lots of points on an XY (Scatter) chart type.

For a somewhat-relevant example, see
http://www.mikemiddleton.com/ShadedNormalDensity.xls

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"WACKEY" wrote in message
I'm creating a graph of a linear inequality. I have to plot two lines,
then
show the solution region, or a shaded region between the two lines. So in
effect I need to be able to shade a portion of the chart from the Y and X
axis and the two lines that I plot. How can I shade a specific region on a
chart?

Andy Pope

Create a solution region on a chart

Hi,

Depending on you chart you maybe apply to use extra series plotted as area
to provide the shading.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

Cheers
Andy