-   -   trendlines (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/20591-trendlines.html)

A.Gray

trendlines

I have one graph (x,y scatter) with 8 series (plots) on it. I want to assign
a trendline but it only gives a trendline for that series. Is there a way of
assigning a trendline to give a best fit for all the points in all 8 series?

any feedback would be much appreciated

A. Gray

Tushar Mehta

In the XL world a trendline only applies to one series. You can create
multiple trendlines, one per series. Alternatively, plot all the data
as a single series and create a trendline for this composite series.
If you want the chart looking like it does now, add the composite
series to the chart and format it to be invisible.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,