-   -   How to filter field button items in pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/205468-how-filter-field-button-items-pivot-tables.html)

ajholloway

How to filter field button items in pivot tables

I am making a spreadsheet that displays test times for various software tests
across several sw builds. It looks like this:
Build A runs tests 1-100
Build B runs tests 101-200
Build C runs tests 201-300
Build D runs tests 301-400
All of the data is in my data worksheet.
I build the pivot, then go to the filter button for build and select A, C,
B. Then I go to the filter button for test # and I see 1-400. Is there some
way to actively filter the options for test # so that I do not see 201-300
when I don't select C? The solution would have to be active in that when a
person makes a different selection, the test # should only display those
tests that were run in the given build.

ajholloway

How to filter field button items in pivot tables

Sorry, fixed a typo:

"ajholloway" wrote:

I am making a spreadsheet that displays test times for various software tests
across several sw builds. It looks like this:
Build A runs tests 1-100
Build B runs tests 101-200
Build C runs tests 201-300
Build D runs tests 301-400
All of the data is in my data worksheet.
I build the pivot, then go to the filter button for build and select A, C,
D. Then I go to the filter button for test # and I see 1-400. Is there some
way to actively filter the options for test # so that I do not see 201-300
when I don't select C? The solution would have to be active in that when a
person makes a different selection, the test # should only display those
tests that were run in the given build.

ajholloway

How to filter field button items in pivot tables

Anyone have any help here? I really am at the end of my rope.

Thanks,

Debra Dalgleish

How to filter field button items in pivot tables

No, the dropdown lists in the pivot table fields aren't dependent on the
selections in another field. There isn't a setting that will let you
change this behaviour.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

ajholloway

How to filter field button items in pivot tables

Thanks for your help.