-   -   I neen a chart background to represent traffic light colors... (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/204274-i-neen-chart-background-represent-traffic-light-colors.html)

OraPronobis

I neen a chart background to represent traffic light colors...

I have been told to make a chart template in Excel 2003 with a traffic light
background, i.e.Green ,Yellow, red. I know how to do a spreadsheet. How do
make a line chart background

--
Elvin

Andy Pope

I neen a chart background to represent traffic light colors...

Hi,

Have a look here
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BackgroundFill.html

Cheers
Andy

OraPronobis wrote:
I have been told to make a chart template in Excel 2003 with a traffic light
background, i.e.Green ,Yellow, red. I know how to do a spreadsheet. How do
make a line chart background

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

ShaneDevenshire

I neen a chart background to represent traffic light colors...

Hi,

That depends on exactly what you mean by that - do you want the chart
background or the plot area colored. Do you want the colors to change or are
they fixed. Do you want the colors to appear as circles or do you want the
chart divided into segments, and of what shape?

If you really want a chart background to look like a traffic light.
1. The download a traffice light picture from the internet
2. Select your chart area of the chart and choose Format, Selected Chart Area,
3. On the Patterns tab choose Fill Effects,
4. Choose Picture, Select Picture and find the picture you downloaded in
step 1.

5. If you want to be able to see the traffic light in the plot area as well,
double-click the Plot Area on the chart and choose None for for Area color on
the Patterns tab.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire