Adding an average line

I was adding an average line like this

Series 1 Series 2
10 average(series1)=25
20 25
30 25
40 25

and plotting the average line.

I then tried plotting a linear trendline, with the 'set intercept' set to
the average (25). However the lines were not always perfectly horizontal (I
can't understand why).

Is there a way to create an average line?

Gaijintendo

Adding an average line

basically I want to write y = averagevalue

"Gaijintendo" wrote:

I was adding an average line like this

Series 1 Series 2
10 average(series1)=25
20 25
30 25
40 25

and plotting the average line.

I then tried plotting a linear trendline, with the 'set intercept' set to
the average (25). However the lines were not always perfectly horizontal (I
can't understand why).

Is there a way to create an average line?

Andy Pope

Adding an average line

Hi,

The use of additional series is the way to do it.
There are more alternatives explained here.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--