-   -   Varying colors on a line chart with multiple series (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/202845-varying-colors-line-chart-multiple-series.html)

LKP

Varying colors on a line chart with multiple series

In Excel 2003, is it possible to change the color of part of a line on a
chart with multiple data series? I can do it on a single series chart.

Andy Pope

Varying colors on a line chart with multiple series

Hi,

Yes, you would need to select the segment of the line and then format it.
So select the series
pause and then select the segment
apply formatting

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"LKP" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, is it possible to change the color of part of a line on a
chart with multiple data series? I can do it on a single series chart.

Jon Peltier

Varying colors on a line chart with multiple series

You can click once to select a whole series, then again to select a single
point or a single line segment. After selecting just one segment, go to
Format menu Selected XXX.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP