-   -   Can I create other coordinative system then those proposed by exce (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/20278-can-i-create-other-coordinative-system-then-those-proposed-exce.html)

Tim

Can I create other coordinative system then those proposed by exce

Hi !
I am trying to build a coordinative system in which tics in "X" and "Y"
follows a certain pattern.
"Y axis should be divided as: log(log()) scale
"X" axis should be divided as: a-b*log() scale

it is essencial that axes itself to have such a pattern, and the data can be
feeded in normal way.

Can I do smth like this excel?
Or should I look for other plotting software? If yes do you have any idea?

Tushar Mehta

You can always do the desired transformation in the XL worksheet and
plot the transformed results.

Then, simulate the axes so that the displayed values are the way you
want.

For an example, see
Flexible Log Scale
http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/flexible_log_scale/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hi !
I am trying to build a coordinative system in which tics in "X" and "Y"
follows a certain pattern.
"Y axis should be divided as: log(log()) scale
"X" axis should be divided as: a-b*log() scale

it is essencial that axes itself to have such a pattern, and the data can be
feeded in normal way.

Can I do smth like this excel?
Or should I look for other plotting software? If yes do you have any idea?

Jon Peltier

I've posted a few examples of axes with strange and wonderful coordinate
systems, too:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RecipAxisChart.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...lityChart.html