-   -   Chart from data occurrances (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/202-chart-data-occurrances.html)

Donna

Chart from data occurrances

I need to make a chart on how many times the data in one column occurs.
There doesn't seem to be a chart built into excel that does that. I'm kind of
desperate, so if anyone has any idea I would REALLY appreciate the help.
Thanks! Donna

Debra Dalgleish

You can summarize the data with a Pivot Table, and create a chart from that.

Add a heading to the list of items, e.g. Code
Select a cell in the list
Choose DataPivotTable and PivotChart Report
Select PivotChart report (with PivotTable report), click Next
Select the Data range, click Next
Click Layout
Drag the Code button to the Row area
Drag Code again to the data area, where it will become Count of Code
Click OK, click Finish

A column chart will be created.
To change it to a different chart type, select the chart and choose
ChartChart Type.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List