-   -   chart size limits? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/201248-chart-size-limits.html)

Ron Kilmartin

chart size limits?

I am plotting an xy chart with 11,800 values on the x axis. The chart
handles do not allow for the chart to be increased in width (or height), or
moved around on the chart sheet. Is there a limit to the number of points,
or is there a control that can be changed?

Jon Peltier

chart size limits?

For a 2D chart, the limit is 32000 points per series. To change the size of
the chart, either change the paper size and margins in page setup, or move
the chart to a worksheet, where you can drag it to a larger size. I'm not
sure I understand the problem, though. Do you want to see each of the 12000
categories on the X axis? 12000 pixels is around 10 feet.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions