Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default A copy of a chart doesn't change when the original has new range

So I have a chart that is based on data until october:
paid unpaid total paid vs unpaid
january 1 65 66 2%
february 3 5484 5487 0%
march 564 2621 3185 18%
april 561 56194 56755 1%
may 516 548 1064 48%
june 61 64 125 49%
july 61 894894 894955 0%
august 6 9494 9500 0%
september 161 48949 49110 0%
october 9616 949189 958805 1%
november 0 #DIV/0!
december 0 #DIV/0!

Then I create a copy of this chart in new worksheet. However, when I update
range of the original chart until December (specifing new range) with updated
figures, the copy doesn't update itself and I have to also manually update
the copy. Everything is fine with the copy when only figures change (without
changing the range), but when a new range is specified then there is a
problem.

My newly created report has lots of graphs like that and I am doomed now.
Is there a wa to hard link these charts?? I add that I don't do VBA but
maybe if that would be only solution I could ask somebody from work to this
if you have an idea.
Any help appreciated.