-   -   Histogram for Statistics Class (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/200186-histogram-statistics-class.html)

Heather

Histogram for Statistics Class

Im trying to create a histogram for my statistics class using the column
function. When I highlight the 2 data columns I want to use they get placed
side by side in a column chart. I need one data column on the y axis and the
other column on the x axis. How do I do this?

Andy Pope

Histogram for Statistics Class

Hi,

Try adding descriptive text to the cell over the second column and include
that in the range selection when using the chart wizard.
This will help excel better guess your data layout.

If you already have the chart set up you can use the Source Data... dialog
log, right click the chart and pick from popup menu, to specify exactly
where the data and category labels are located.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel