-   -   How to include variance data in the chart table but not on the gra (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/199708-how-include-variance-data-chart-table-but-not-gra.html)

Jeremy Clarke

How to include variance data in the chart table but not on the gra

Does anyone know how to include extra data in the graph table that is
attached to the graph, without actually plotting this extra data on the
graph?

For eg. i'm trying to include variance % data in the chart table but I don't
want this to be plotted. This is because some of the variances are negative
and I don't want this to detract from the overall impact of the graph.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy Clarke[_2_]

How to include variance data in the chart table but not on the

Thanks Andy that's helpful. I've placed the variance data on the secondary
axis. How do I format the secondary axis to not display? I do however want
the variance data to display in the data table.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You are very limited with formatting when using the built-in data table.

It may be possible in your chart to place the Variance % series on the
secondary axis.
Then you can format both secondary axis and data series to not display.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel