-   -   Linearized data relationships and axes labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/19864-linearized-data-relationships-axes-labels.html)

Buck121

Linearized data relationships and axes labels

I plotted a weight vs time graph but to linearize the data I used the
inverse of the square root of time to create a chart. Is there any way I can
make the x-axis labels represent the actual time values while still having
the scale of the inverse sqrt? I want it to label the x axis the way it does
when logarithmic scale is used (but using my custom relationship).

Andy Pope

Hi,

Maybe Jon's example on arbitrary axis will provide you with another
information to construct your axis labeling.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Jon Peltier

This example might help to illustrate the technique with a real
linearization:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RecipAxisChart.html

- Jon
-------