-   -   break a link (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/198-break-link.html)

refresh

break a link

Hiya,

Is there an easy way to unlink a chart from its source data? I have 6
charts generated from a large spreadsheet in excel 97. I send these charts
on by email to others and I want to be able to send the charts without the
links to keep the file size reasonable.

I tried copy, paste special, paste as picture but the paste special box is
greyed out. I can copy into word using paste special but not within excel
which seems a little bit strange. It also leaves me with formatting problems
I'd like to avoid.

Thanks for your help.

Frank Kabel

Hi
see:
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...html#DelinkCht

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"refresh" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hiya,

Is there an easy way to unlink a chart from its source data? I have 6
charts generated from a large spreadsheet in excel 97. I send these
charts
on by email to others and I want to be able to send the charts without the
links to keep the file size reasonable.

I tried copy, paste special, paste as picture but the paste special box is
greyed out. I can copy into word using paste special but not within excel
which seems a little bit strange. It also leaves me with formatting
problems
I'd like to avoid.

Thanks for your help.

Jon Peltier

In Excel, can you hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu? That will change Copy to
Copy Picture. Use the On Screen/As Picture settings for best results.

More info on unlinking charts:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ChartData.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

refresh wrote:

Hiya,

Is there an easy way to unlink a chart from its source data? I have 6
charts generated from a large spreadsheet in excel 97. I send these charts
on by email to others and I want to be able to send the charts without the
links to keep the file size reasonable.

I tried copy, paste special, paste as picture but the paste special box is
greyed out. I can copy into word using paste special but not within excel
which seems a little bit strange. It also leaves me with formatting problems
I'd like to avoid.

Thanks for your help.

refresh

Thanks guys, exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers!