-   -   Find and replace data in an Excel chart object (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/19785-find-replace-data-excel-chart-object.html)

Cawen

Find and replace data in an Excel chart object

Hi,

In a workbook it is possible to find and replace data in cells and formulas.
Is it possible in any way to find & replace data in series in a chart object?

In have charts with more than 100 series on each chart and I would like to
be able to change all series on a chart using an automated routine.

Thanks

Jon Peltier

Cawen -

I give some insights into how to do this with VBA, and include a link to
a utility you can try:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Cawen wrote:

Hi,

In a workbook it is possible to find and replace data in cells and formulas.
Is it possible in any way to find & replace data in series in a chart object?

In have charts with more than 100 series on each chart and I would like to
be able to change all series on a chart using an automated routine.

Thanks

Cawen

Thanks Jon,

The Edit+Link... menu already solved my problems, but your site seems like a
good source of inspiration when running into problems.

Regards,
Cawen