-   -   Slider Bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/197575-slider-bar.html)

open a adobe file from a command button

Slider Bar

Can someone tell me if I have to use VBA to add a slider bar or should I be
able to find it on one of the tool bars? Also, where is a good place to
learn about its use.

Thanks
Wm.

Ed Ferrero[_2_]

Slider Bar

Hi Wm,

You do not need to use VBA to use a scroll bar.

There are two types of scroll bar in Excel.

For the ActiveX control (found in the controls toolbar in xl 2003, or in
ActiveX controls in 2007) you need to go to design mode, then click the
properties button. Look for the LinkedCell property and enter a cell
reference. You can also set Min an Max values from here.

For the Form control (found in the Forms toolbar, or Form controls) you can
right-click the control and go to Format Control. The Control tab lets you
set the cell link and other values.

For simplicity, and if you want to embed these in a worksheet, I would use
form controls.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

open a adobe file from a command button

Slider Bar

Ed, Hi. How do I get to design mode?

"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

[...]

Ah... as soon as you add an ActiveX control you should be in design mode. A
button that looks like a T-square will toggle design mode on and off.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

open a adobe file from a command button

Slider Bar