-   -   Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/196986-row-grand-totals-pivot-tables.html)

adodson

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any
ideas?

Infinitogool

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

Hi adodson
See if the article at
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pi...al_col2007.php
does what you want.

Regards,
Pedro J.

I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any
ideas?

adodson

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option
and don't receive the total.

Can you think of anything else that might cause this?

"Infinitogool" wrote:

Hi adodson
See if the article at
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pi...al_col2007.php
does what you want.

Regards,
Pedro J.

I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any
ideas?

Debra Dalgleish

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

You'll see grand totals for rows if you have a field in the Columns
area, with multiple items.
If you don't have column fields, you won't see row totals.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

CD@tfc

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

I am having the same problem as adodson. I have data from a survey given to
students and I want to create a scale. I have the averages of the questions
in my scale with a row for each class (i.e. freshmen, sophomore, etc.) I want
the row totals to show up because that would be the scale average for each
class. I have turned on row grand totals in the design menu and in the pivot
table options menu but they just won't show up.
Do you know why this is????
I am using Office 2007 Professional Edition with service pack 2

adodson wrote:
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any
ideas?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

Debra Dalgleish

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

In your source data, do you have a separate column for each class, or
are all the responses in the same column?
Can you describe how your source data is set up, and where each field is
placed in the pivot table?

adodson wrote:

I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any
ideas?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

CD@tfc

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

My data is set up so that each row represents a respondent's answers and each
column represents a question asked. The class designation is a question so it
is all represented in one column.

adodson wrote:

I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any
ideas?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

Debra Dalgleish

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

If every question is in a separate column in the source data, then
you're adding them to the pivot table as separate fields in the data area.
Because they're separate fields, the Row Grand Total won't calculate
their total.
You could create a calculated field with a formula to sum them.

adodson wrote:

I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my
pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any
ideas?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

iRon924

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?

I've been having the same problem. I think the report format template makes a
difference. There are "Indented" and "Non-Indented" formats. If you selected
Autoformat and chose a report template, the row summary functionality does
not seem to work with Indented templates (formats referred to as Report 1-10).