-   -   Color gradients in charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/195479-color-gradients-charts.html)

scott

Color gradients in charts

I am using Excell 2007. Whenever I want to add a gradient to a color - for
example in a bar or pie chart - it shows me the types of gradients in a
stupid light blue color. If I choose one it changes my color in the chart to
this color and does not apply the gradient to the color I already have in
place. How can I change this default behavior?

Jon Peltier

Color gradients in charts

Not the answer you're waiting for, but it's better not to use gradients at
all. They can obscure the information in the chart and lead to
misinterpretation.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Scott" wrote in message
I am using Excell 2007. Whenever I want to add a gradient to a color - for
example in a bar or pie chart - it shows me the types of gradients in a
stupid light blue color. If I choose one it changes my color in the chart
this color and does not apply the gradient to the color I already have in
place. How can I change this default behavior?

scott

Color gradients in charts

Your right. Not the answer I am looking for. I find that certain types of
gradients actually can work pretty well in certain circumstances which is why
I am trying to figure them out again in Excel 2007.