-   -   One bar line with two trend lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/195367-one-bar-line-two-trend-lines.html)

Atwork today

One bar line with two trend lines

I'm trying to get one bar line with two trends lines. I've tried using custom
type charts by selecting "Line-Column on 2 Axis". With selecting this chart,
it will have 2 bar lines and one trend line instead of what I need. I've
formatted both axis to fit the correct numbers. I just need two trend lines.

Any help would be great.

Jon Peltier

One bar line with two trend lines

Do you mean two trendlines, which are best fit lines fitted to a bunch of
points? Or do you mean you want two line chart series?

I presume it's the latter, because nobody should ever compute a trendline
from a column chart.

Make the chart as a line chart using all three series worth of data. Right
click the one line you want to change to a column, choose Chart Type, then
select a column chart type for that series. Much nicer than using the lame
built in types, because now you control the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions