-   -   Help with series in the chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/193405-help-series-chart.html)

TFL25

Help with series in the chart

I have 3 colums
1 = dates
2 = numbers
3 = names

I want to have each name on the X axis the dates on the Y axis and then i
want to graph the numbers for each date.

Please please can anyone help me?

Jon Peltier

Help with series in the chart

How about this:

Put Dates in the first column, then use the second column for the numbers
for the first name, and each additional column for the numbers for each
additional name. In the first row, keep the first cell (above dates) blank,
and put the name into the cell above each column of numbers.

1-Jan-08
1-Jan-08
1-Jan-08
1-Jan-08

"TFL25" wrote in message
I have 3 colums
1 = dates
2 = numbers
3 = names

I want to have each name on the X axis the dates on the Y axis and then i
want to graph the numbers for each date.

Please please can anyone help me?

Jon Peltier

Help with series in the chart

Sorry, Outlook Express sent without my permission.

Your data is not conducive to making a sensible chart. Rearrange the data
like this:

Put Dates in the first column, then use the second column for the numbers
for the first name, and each additional column for the numbers for each
additional name. In the first row, keep the first cell (above dates) blank,
and put the name into the cell above each column of numbers.

Amy Bob Cam Del Eve
1-Jan-08 1 3 5 7 9
2-Jan-08 2 3 4 6 8
3-Jan-08 1 2 3 5 9
4-Jan-08 2 3 4 6 8
5-Jan-08 3 4 5 6 7
6-Jan-08 2 3 4 5 6

Select the range, make a line chart with series in columns. You will have
one series per name.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP