-   -   Excel 2003 Graphing (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/193210-excel-2003-graphing.html)

Ty

Excel 2003 Graphing

Is it possible to add Text in the background of a graph in Excel 2003?

I know in MS word 2003 you can add Word Art and place the text behind
your normal text in the document.

ShaneDevenshire

Excel 2003 Graphing

Hi Ty,

Create the text in a graphics program and save it as a JPG.

In Excel double-click the Chart Area and choose Fill Effects on the Patterns
tab, Picture, Select Picture and find your graphics file. The Plot Area will
hide the text unless you double-click it and on the Patterns tab choose None
under Area

You can put the picture into the Plot Area instead by proceeding as above
with the plot area.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Ty" wrote:

Is it possible to add Text in the background of a graph in Excel 2003?

I know in MS word 2003 you can add Word Art and place the text behind
your normal text in the document.

Ty

Excel 2003 Graphing

"Ty" wrote:
Is it possible to add Text in the background of a graph in Excel 2003?

I know in MS word 2003 you can add Word Art and place the text behind
your normal text in the document.- Hide quoted text -

Perfect! That worked.

ShaneDevenshire

Excel 2003 Graphing

If the answer works for you can you indicate that by clicking the two yes
statements on the right of the question.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Ty" wrote:
Is it possible to add Text in the background of a graph in Excel 2003?

I know in MS word 2003 you can add Word Art and place the text behind
your normal text in the document.- Hide quoted text -

Perfect! That worked.

Ed Ferrero[_2_]

Excel 2003 Graphing

But some of us will not see that because we use a news reader to view
newsgroups :)

Ed Ferrero

On Jul 3, 6:43*am, "Ed Ferrero" wrote:
But some of us will not see that because we use a news reader to view
newsgroups :)

Ed Ferrero

If the answer works for you can you indicate that by clicking the two yes
statements on the right of the question.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire- Hide quoted text -

Correct. I'm using a newsgroup. I just see text.