-   -   noting events on charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/193-noting-events-charts.html)

Papa Jonah

noting events on charts

I have a chart that has data added every month.
I would like a vertical line at May 04. However, everymonth the data shifts
as I only plot the last 2 years of data. Is there a way to use code or a
hidden data line or something to add that line?

Thanks,

Jon Peltier

Papa -

Use one of these techniques to add a line to the chart:

Since this line is a series linked to worksheet cells, when the values in the cells
change, the line moves. All you need to do is put a formula into the cells that make
the line move appropriately.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP