-   -   How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/192971-how-do-i-manually-adjust-width-my-columns-bar-graph.html)

Excel User Neu1

How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?

In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them thicker or
thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns.

Wigi

How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?

Right click a series on the chart, choose Format data series... and then
in the Options tab, play a bit with overlap and gap width.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Excel User Neu1" wrote:

In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them thicker or
thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns.

Jon Peltier

How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?

Note that you can only adjust the entire series, not each individual column
and gap.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Excel User Neu1" wrote:

In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them
thicker or
thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns.

ShaneDevenshire

How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?

Hi,

1. You can't manually drag to adjust column widths on a chart.
2. You can use the menu methods already suggested.
3. You can "Fake" the display of a column chart so that some bars appear
wider than others but its a lot of work.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire