-   -   Another question for Jon (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/19124-another-question-jon.html)

Wazooli

Another question for Jon

Jon - I have a final question. The suggestion you gave me earlier works
great, but since my workbook is so bloated, the chart update time is a bit on
the sluggish side (for reference, I am using the method you detailed on your
website, using a "helper" column that updates according to the offset value).
Can I use OFFSET directly in the SERIES formula? If so, what is the syntax,
because I get an error every time I try to modify it.

Wazooli

Jon Peltier

In the SERIES formula, you can only refer to cell addresses by address,
or to named ranges, which can themselves refer to cell ranges (using
OFFSET etc.) or to arrays.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP