-   -   Chart data references not changing to new tab when worksheet is co (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/190588-chart-data-references-not-changing-new-tab-when-worksheet-co.html)

Marsdrummer

Chart data references not changing to new tab when worksheet is co

I've been on Excel 2007 for two months and I have a recurring problem with
worksheets I coded in Excel 2003. When I copy a worksheet that contains a
chart, the new chart still retrieves its data from cells on the original
sheet. I am trying to create one sheet as a template, then copy it multiple
times, and change the data (and graphs) on each new sheet. Obviously I want
the charts to get the data from the sheets they are on, not the original
sheet. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

Jon Peltier

Chart data references not changing to new tab when worksheet is co

This is a problem with Excel 2007. I think if you copy the sheet to a new
workbook, then copy it back into the original workbook, your linkage will be
maintained.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP