Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default blank cells

Perhaps I am trying to use the wrong kind of chart... I have information in
a pivot chart that I want displayed in lines. However there are some cells
that have no information in the series I want to plot. But there is other
information in the row, so it doens't ignore it as a blank cell. For example:

Days Actual High Low
2 3 5 2
7 5 3
15 2.5 4 2

When I chart the actual series, it reads the blank as a zero and plots it as
such. My columns in the pivot charts are averages. Is there any way I can
get the chart to ignore the zero and still plot a line to the next point? I
have tried using the excel options and the pivot chart options for ignoring
blanks but it hasn't worked so far.