-   -   Charts sized with window (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/189883-charts-sized-window.html)

Steven K. Smith[_2_]

Charts sized with window

In Excel 2007, how do I make a chart sized with the widow? On the help
screen for this, it says to choose that option from the VIEW tab with the
chart widow open. I can't find that option availble on my version.
--
I speak for truth, enlightenment and justice, but not for the US Air Force.

Jim Cone[_2_]

Charts sized with window

Some the stuff missing from XL2007 charts is listed in this older post
from the Microsoft Excel 12 blog...
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...28/724641.aspx
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Steven K. Smith"
wrote in message
In Excel 2007, how do I make a chart sized with the widow? On the help
screen for this, it says to choose that option from the VIEW tab with the
chart widow open. I can't find that option availble on my version.
--
I speak for truth, enlightenment and justice, but not for the US Air Force.

Steven K. Smith[_2_]

Charts sized with window

Very disappointing. I use the "Sized with Window" feature a lot, and the
"Zoom to Selection" is not similar enough, IMHO.

"Deprecated" features? "DEPRECATED???"

From Webster's New World Dictionary:

"Deprecate: 1. to feel or express disapproval of; plead against. 2.
(archaic) to try to avert by prayer."

This use of the word may be remotely defensible, but if you are trying for
accurate use and understanding, "deleted" or "eliminated" would be much
better.

--

wrote in message
In Excel 2007, how do I make a chart sized with the widow? On the help
screen for this, it says to choose that option from the VIEW tab with the
chart widow open. I can't find that option availble on my version.
--
I speak for truth, enlightenment and justice, but not for the US Air Force.

Jim Cone[_2_]

Charts sized with window

Someone (wise I think) said...
"Never be first with the newest or last with the oldest."
--

wrote in message
Very disappointing. I use the "Sized with Window" feature a lot, and the
"Zoom to Selection" is not similar enough, IMHO.
"Deprecated" features? "DEPRECATED???"
From Webster's New World Dictionary:

wrote in message
In Excel 2007, how do I make a chart sized with the widow? On the help
screen for this, it says to choose that option from the VIEW tab with the
chart widow open. I can't find that option availble on my version.
--
I speak for truth, enlightenment and justice, but not for the US Air Force.

Andy Pope

Charts sized with window

Hi,

Actually the meaning is more along these lines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecate

MS have, in some cases, taken this to the extreme by simply removing the
feature.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Steven K. Smith" wrote in message
Very disappointing. I use the "Sized with Window" feature a lot, and the
"Zoom to Selection" is not similar enough, IMHO.

"Deprecated" features? "DEPRECATED???"

From Webster's New World Dictionary:

wrote in message
In Excel 2007, how do I make a chart sized with the widow? On the help
screen for this, it says to choose that option from the VIEW tab with the
chart widow open. I can't find that option availble on my version.
--
I speak for truth, enlightenment and justice, but not for the US Air
Force.

Steven K. Smith[_2_]

Charts sized with window

Other online dictionaries did not include this use of the word, and even by
the defination in wikipedia, it isn't correct usage, since the feature is
gone, not just discouraged from use.

<Done picking nits... ;-)
--

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Actually the meaning is more along these lines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecate

MS have, in some cases, taken this to the extreme by simply removing the
feature.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Steven K. Smith" wrote in message
Very disappointing. I use the "Sized with Window" feature a lot, and the
"Zoom to Selection" is not similar enough, IMHO.

"Deprecated" features? "DEPRECATED???"

From Webster's New World Dictionary: