-   -   XY Scatter Map with Test Labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/18946-xy-scatter-map-test-labels.html)

Mike K.

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels

Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution
of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on
labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but
I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated
in Excel?
Thanks for any advice.

Andy Pope

Hi Mike,

The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link
data labels to cells.

Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

John Mansfield

Mike,

The technique described at the site below uses a VBA worksheet calculate
event to automate the updating of XY chart labels. The example can be
downloaded fom the site as well.

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...t_data_labels/

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Mike K." wrote:

Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution
of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on
labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but
I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated
in Excel?
Thanks for any advice.

Barb R.

You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to do this.