-   -   Switching X and Y axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/187268-switching-x-y-axis.html)

BW

Switching X and Y axis

How do I switch the data on the X and Y axis? For instance, I am trying to
do a supply and demand chart, and I want Price to be on the Y axis. No
matter how I plot the data, Excel always defaults to the supply and demand
figures on the Y axis.

thank you!

BW

Tushar Mehta (Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-2008)

Switching X and Y axis

Duplicate the price column after the quantity column and plot the
quantity and the new price columns.

See
Drawing Supply and Demand curves in Excel
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...ly_and_demand/

On Tue, 13 May 2008 09:07:01 -0700, BW
wrote:

How do I switch the data on the X and Y axis? For instance, I am trying to
do a supply and demand chart, and I want Price to be on the Y axis. No
matter how I plot the data, Excel always defaults to the supply and demand
figures on the Y axis.

thank you!

BW

David Biddulph[_2_]

Switching X and Y axis

Go into Source Data/ Series... and swap the data in the X values and Y
values fields.
--
David Biddulph

"BW" wrote in message
How do I switch the data on the X and Y axis? For instance, I am trying
do a supply and demand chart, and I want Price to be on the Y axis. No
matter how I plot the data, Excel always defaults to the supply and demand
figures on the Y axis.

thank you!

BW

BW

Switching X and Y axis

David,

thank you for your response. I should have specified that I was using a
line graph. I realized that I should be using a Scatter Plot and have since
had succes doing exactly as you noted.

Thank you!

BW