-   -   Excell 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/183364-excell-2003-a.html)

Knut

Excell 2003

if I have the frequency of occurance of something between 1900 and 1910

How do I set up the data to avoid getting a line for the years as well as
the frequency.

If I put iin year 1900, year 1901 on so on, then I get only one line.
However if i don't put in year in the same cell as the year, then I get two
line.

Thanks,
knut

Andy Pope

Excell 2003

Hi,

Simplest way is to give your data column a heading

<blank Data
1900 12
1901 15
1902 25
etc

Then when you select the range including the header excel will have a better
chance of guessing what is data and what is category information.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel