-   -   reference line on bar chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/180873-reference-line-bar-chart.html)

KRK

reference line on bar chart

Hello,

I have excel 2007

I have a horizontal bar chart with about 12 bars. The horizontal axis shows
the date; dates range from about 10 days ago to about 3 weeks into the
future.

I want to draw a vertical reference line at Today's date.

Can anyone tell me how to do it please ?

Thanks

KK

Bernard Liengme

reference line on bar chart

Start here
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...orzErrBar.html
If that is not good for you, I am sure Jon has an answer that will work for
you
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KRK" wrote in message
Hello,

I have excel 2007

I have a horizontal bar chart with about 12 bars. The horizontal axis
shows the date; dates range from about 10 days ago to about 3 weeks into
the future.

I want to draw a vertical reference line at Today's date.

Can anyone tell me how to do it please ?

Thanks

KK

Andy Pope

reference line on bar chart

Hi,

There are examples of bar and vertical datum line here.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

KRK wrote:
Hello,

I have excel 2007

I have a horizontal bar chart with about 12 bars. The horizontal axis
shows the date; dates range from about 10 days ago to about 3 weeks
into the future.

I want to draw a vertical reference line at Today's date.

Can anyone tell me how to do it please ?

Thanks

KK

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel