-   -   Stacked bar charts of plan versus actual (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/180351-stacked-bar-charts-plan-versus-actual.html)

avathaar

Stacked bar charts of plan versus actual

Is there an FAQ that tells me how I can create month-by-month stacked bar
charts of plan versus actual? I need to plot a set of products (plan versus
actual), and each month I would have an additional pair of stacked bars.

Thank you.

Jon Peltier

Stacked bar charts of plan versus actual

You don't want stacked, because that would add actual to plan. make a
clustered (side-by-side) column chart. To get a chart that shows a better
trend than clustered columns, keep the clustered column type, but format the
plan columns with a border and no fill, and the actual columns with a fill
and no border, plot the actual series first and the plan second *change the
plot order), and change the overlap of these series to 100%. The plot may
look similar to the one at
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/wp-...g/MFhisto2.png

- Jon
-------