-   -   series fill patterns (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/179820-series-fill-patterns.html)

DoctorJ

series fill patterns

I'm trying to change the fill pattern for a series in a bar chart using excel
2007. I want "patterns" not textures, pictures, or gradients. This will be a
black and white presentation and I can't figure out how to get the patterns
from previous versions of excel.

Jon Peltier

series fill patterns

The patterns were removed from the user interface, but they still exist in
VBA. So Andy Pope has written a clever addin which applies patterns to
charts and shapes:

http://andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"DoctorJ" wrote in message
I'm trying to change the fill pattern for a series in a bar chart using
excel
2007. I want "patterns" not textures, pictures, or gradients. This will
be a
black and white presentation and I can't figure out how to get the
patterns
from previous versions of excel.

Unhappy

series fill patterns

Probably the most clever way to get around this is to reinstall Excel 2003 in
another machine, and let the computer wizards figure out the add-ins, macros
and Visual Basic reprogramming. I hate to discover the wheel at my age.