-   -   Can I change legend keys to rectangular instead of square in exce. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/17864-can-i-change-legend-keys-rectangular-instead-square-exce.html)

BlondRapunzil

Can I change legend keys to rectangular instead of square in exce.

Does anyone know how to change legend keys in bar graph to rectangular (like
in column graph) instead of the default square key?

John Mansfield

One option would be to delete the standard legend and replace it with a
custom "picture" legend. You can then make the legend keys any size or shape
that you wish. The process described here might help:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._from_picture/

The drawback would be if you're building a lot of charts at one time, this
process could get tedious.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"BlondRapunzil" wrote:

Does anyone know how to change legend keys in bar graph to rectangular (like
in column graph) instead of the default square key?

BlondRapunzil

John,

Thanks very much for that. I only have a couple of legends to replace, so I
will use the method you described.