Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values?

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Value Axis - How to remove percent sign without changing values?

Hi Anne,

Yes, it is possible to remove the percent sign from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart without changing the values. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Select the chart by clicking on it.
  2. Click on the "Format" tab in the ribbon.
  3. In the "Current Selection" group, click on the drop-down arrow and select "Vertical (Value) Axis".
  4. Right-click on the value axis and select "Format Axis" from the context menu.
  5. In the "Format Axis" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, go to the "Number" section.
  6. In the "Category" list, select "Custom".
  7. In the "Type" field, delete the percent sign (
    Code:
    %
    ).
  8. Click on "Add" to add a new format code.
  9. In the "Type" field, enter the following code:
    Code:
    0.0%
  10. Click "Close" to apply the changes.

This will remove the percent sign from the value axis while keeping the percentage values intact.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I played around for a while, but could not find a format code to make 80%
display as 80. I could not get this to work on the sheet cells format
either. You could right click the value axis, choose Format, choose Number
and type in the format code .00 to make 80% display as .80 but it sounds like
you don't want that.

Do you really need to get rid of the percentage sign? I think it would make
the chart more readable and easier to interpret if it were there. Tufte would
agree.

--
Thanks,
Christopher

" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you want to keep the original data unchanged, but plot different data,
then use another range, put in a formula like =100*B2 to convert B2 from a
percentage to a number, and use this data in your chart. Put it on another
sheet if your boss would otherwise get confused.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for looking into this Christopher.

Jon, it's a brilliant suggestion to use an intermediate table to
generate the graph. Thanks a million!

Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, but it sure is a lot easier. Worksheet space
is cheap, and brainpower to force Excel to do what it doesn't want to is
expensive.

- Jon
-------

wrote in message
Thanks for looking into this Christopher.

Jon, it's a brilliant suggestion to use an intermediate table to
generate the graph. Thanks a million!

Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Monday, March 3, 2008 4:17:02 AM UTC, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Tina, you are genius! Thanks for this helpful tip!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Monday, March 3, 2008 9:47:02 AM UTC+5:30, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

you can =cell addres * 100
Thats it very simple Dear

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:17:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Cristina!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, but it sure is a lot easier.

On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 10:34:54 PM UTC+5:30, Cristina Paul wrote:
Found it!
Highlight cells to remove % from
Use Find/replace from top Home menu
Find %
replace - <put in one space using space bar
will convert to 100x each cell but will still have %
Use Format Cell and use cells as numbers with 2 decimal points
thus it divides all cells by 100 but you end up with cells with the original number without % sign...

yea!
Tina

wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:41 AM aonnim wrote:

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
SQL Operations on a Text File with ADO.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...th-adonet.aspx

Thanks Christina it was of great help..............
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi
try the following:
- put 100 in an empty cell and copy this cell
- select your other values
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Multiply' to multiply them
all in one single step

Thanks,
Suresh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:41 AM aonnim wrote:

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
SQL Operations on a Text File with ADO.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...th-adonet.aspx

Hey guys,

i must say its much easier.
thanks a lot.

Ayon
Junior Member

Up cho bÃ*i viết rất hay của bạn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks I also benefited with the answer thank u
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Monday, March 3, 2008 at 1:17:02 AM UTC-3, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Heh, 10 years lated and I had the same doubt,lol.

Got my answer with "cell"*100. It was really simple and I feel kind of stupid, but surely thankful.

Thanks everyone!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks a lot!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 10:04:27 AM UTC+2, wrote:
Thanks a lot!!

Right click on the vertical axis- change chart type - and instead of 100% stacked column select stacked column. That is it
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:17:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

I found a different way about it...

I have a data column with the percentage number which is formatted as 0;; which means no decimals;no negatives;0 doesn't show... this way I have a clean column of numbers which I could also use as whole numbers if need be.

My solution came in the formula which I use based on that data... supposing the data column is B, the formula would be:

(A1 * B1%) / C1

Cheers!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sunday, March 2, 2008 at 11:17:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

I found a different way about it...

I have a data column with the percentage numbers which is formatted as

0;; which means: no decimals;no negatives;0 doesn't show

also, no percent sign...
this way I have a clean column of numbers which I could also use as whole numbers if need be.

My solution came in the formula which I use based on that data...
supposing the data column is B, my formula would be:

(A1 * B1%) / C1

Cheers!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:41 AM aonnim wrote:

Hi,

I would like to keep the percentage values but remove the percent sign
from the value axis of a 100% stacked bar chart. Can it be done?

Thanks
Anne

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
SQL Operations on a Text File with ADO.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...th-adonet.aspx

This is exactly what i was looking for! thank you!