Posted to microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Powerpoint / Excel: custom pp RGB color doesn't match identical Excelcustom RGB color

Office 2003:

I have a Powerpoint master template with a custom color (main slide
fill color), RGB 0 51 153. I want to paste an Excel chart.

In Excel, I create a custom color for the chart area using the same
RGB code, copy the chart and paste it into a powerpoint slide, and the
colors don't match.

This illustrates the problem, with background/area colors. Same
problem with fonts, etc.
What on earth causes this? Switching to HSL doesn't help.
HELP? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.excel.charting

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.echosvoice.com/charts.htm

Be sure to hit the links about color schemes and MS Graph and color schemes.